Thursday, May 6, 2010

My Guitar....Aim for the Year 2010....

Am sitting in my lobby...have my semester engineering exam lined up in a few days.....suddenly a divine idea comes to ma mind that i should learn guitar and infact, a feeling of restlessness dropped in....what have i been doing all these years.....why cant i start it right now....!!!

Next day, from a small music shop @ Rohtak, i buy the first Gibson guitar....now where do i go to learn......search for the teacher begins....manage to find a surd who hardly knew any chords and still told me that i will be an expert in 3 months.....so basically, 3 months i wasted with him....another 6 i wasted with myself practicing whatever he taught me..!!!
Gibson ES-175Image via Wikipedia

By good god's grace, i came to delhi for doing my MBA and started playing with chords G, D, E, F.....went to few places to learn....performed with singers @ college and @ other b-schools....dont as k for results yet...

then came the job n the corporate shit....barely managed to keep up with whatever i had learned in college, leave aside improving it.....but there always has been a sense of incompleteness while playing this instrument.....a feeling that i need to be a lot more good.... i need to feel the music.....feel each note.....know and understand whatever i am playin.... and should be competent enough to have that adrenaline rush.....!!!

So, finally after graduatin to a decent level in rhythm playing, i plan to move to acoustic solos n do all the major techniques that are crucial to play solos effectively....also, to ensure that i am aware technically of whatever am playing.... i plan to do Rock School of Music thing...clear the exam for grade 4 this november .....

So...i look forward to have the grade 4 certification in my hand by this year end,....there is not much else that am aiming by the end year...Person, Sumit Anand, may not change much by december end but his fingers n music sense ideally should....

I wish myself best of luck for this small but really crucial endeavor....muahhh...!!!!
Enhanced by Zemanta

4 comments:

  1. Hi sumit....good to know that you are trying for a professional grade in music, my best wishes with you...I feel inspired by you...You are aiming and I am dreaming...Oh by the way I really liked the other posts..simple and effective...

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh...m sure both the person, Sumit Anand, and his music will have changed (for the better) by dec...Best of Luck for the 'small but crucial endeavour'... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ roy....thanks dude....u r impressive urself....never leave "Chatur Nar"..else grow it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. @vivek....dude...thanks a lot...keep it coming....

    ReplyDelete